Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Treat Thursdays

I really like to bake. Cookies, cupcakes, breads, cakes. But if I bake it, I eat it all! Oh, my hubby will have a few cookies but not many. On Wednesdays, I bake something good and take it on Thursdays to school for the staff to enjoy. On Treat Thursdays, they have enjoyed my favorite coffeecake - Tennessee Blueberry Coffeecake, a new recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes ( I even made a batch using Splenda, which folks thought were as good as the real sugar recipe), and lots of different cookies. A few staff have missed out on the treats and have lamented that fact. I have learned to bag a few treats in little snack bags for some of the people who get the school in the afternoon. Everyone looks forward so much to Treat Thursdays that I have people asking on Mon or Tues. what the treat will be on Thurs. Sometimes, the treat will be holiday theme such as the green eggs and ham cookies for Dr. Seuss's Birthday/Read Across America or the Pecan Praline Cookies for Mardi Gras day. Sometimes the treat is whatever is in my pantry that I bake something with. I baked sugar cookies from a Costco mix but added a bit more vanilla and some dried orange peel. The staff was impressed with the easy cookies. Some of the recipes are family favorites from my old Betty Crocker Cooky Book and cookbooks on my shelves while other recipes are found online.


The green eggs and ham cookies.


Thick fudgy brownies.


Pecan Praline Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment