Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

National Craft Month - Thurs. March 7, 2013 - Cricut Craft Room

After a busy day at school, I made it home and put a pork roast in the oven with baby carrots and  spices and poured the rest of the jar of spaghetti on top. As it cooked, I was in my room , looking for the white cable to connect my Cricut E2 to my computer so I could try out the Cricut Craft Room (CCR). After dinner and a bit of tv, I went up to my room. I had designed a couple of cards on the CCR earlier in the week. But I couldn't cut the 2 free cards out because I couldn't find the white cable.Finally, I found the cable in the rolling bag where the E2 usually is stored. Once you have the right cable in your hand, it is easy to connect the E2 to the computer.



I had a rough time resizing my designs. It took CCR a while to think about changing the size. I also tried to rotate the small design so I could see if I could cut more out on a page. But I couldn't find the way to change the number for 0 to 90 and the up button would not move but 1 or 2 numbers at a time then it went to "not responding". I finally got the cards resized to fit the base.

Cricut is letting you cut some designs free for a week or 2. The designs are from their newer carts. CCR is just like the Gypsy - you have to own the cart before you cut from it. The free ones let you cut ones they pick but once the free week is over, the design is gone from the program unless you buy it. I don't like that I can't upload my carts to CCR because they are already on my Gypsy and Cricut is allowing you to have your carts in one place or the other but not both. 


Here's the free Rain card. I added some teardrops to the card, which I like but not sure the teardrops would make it through the post office. I added a scrap piece of blue behind the words.


This is the second free card. These are simple cards without any layering. I want to play around a bit more on this one. Maybe I'll use 2 different papers to back the design.

Cricut now has the Southwestern on CCR for free for 2 weeks. I have a couple designs on a mat on the CCR and later in the weekend, I hope to cut them out.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment