Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas time


Oh, My!! Christmas came early this year as my family celebrated on Sunday due to some work schedules. So, we were home on Christmas without the kids so we enjoyed a movie date together. We liked the movie Lincoln, which was good. It started out slow but ended nicely. We hadn't been to the movies in awhile so it was fun to be out. We had tried to go earlier but the movie was sold out. It used to be that the movies were empty when we went with the boys.

Anyway, I did get cards crafted and mailed in a timely manner. I had colored Riley the Wreath in Oct. while watching TV with the hubby. I added a bit of gold glitter stickle on the ornaments and a bit of red stickle on the holly berries. The little sentiment was a free digi, which I didn't make a note about it. I cut it with a scalloped oval and popped it on a slightly larger oval. I layered Riley on red cardstock and then on Michael's Recollection's Christmas striped paper. I put a piece of glitter ribbon by American Crafts across the bottom of the striped paper. I used the dark green cardstock for the bases. It was a bit dark for writing on so I used a white pen or a green Sharpie to sign our names to the cards.


Of course, I didn't make quite enough of the Riley cards so I did a Plan B card, which was some more of the cards I had done for my sister's retreat. I used Michael's Recollection 8 1/2 x 11" Christmas paper pack, using most of the pack for the cards. I added a bit of icicle stickle on the little squares, outlining the squares. I used most of the Recollection paper cards for the friends at work and other people like the UPS guys and the mailman.

One gift I got from a co-worker was this cutie. The Santa will have
 a new home in my scrapbook room 
since he has the cricut green trim instead of the 
traditional white trim on his suit. I love him!! 

Of course, the Hershey Kisses are gone!


Speaking of my scrapbook room, I need to do a bit of reorganizing in it. My older son got rid of some items in his 1/2 of the closet so I have a bit more room in it now. I think I'll get a few more cubes from Michael's and put them in the closet. The closet doors will close now!!



 My younger son and his fiance' will here for a few days if the snow lets up so they can safely drive here. My photo above of my dog Ace as a Christmas tree won us 4 tickets to the light display at the zoo. So the four of us are going tomorrow or Friday, depending on the weather. It will be fun!! Thanks, Ace!!



I'm enjoying my school break but it is flying by so quickly!!!
I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas 
with your family and friends. 
Hopefully, you will find a few crafting moments 
in your busy holiday time.

No comments:

Post a Comment