Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week of cards


I made this Birthday card last night while I was cropping at Archivers. I had stamped the images a while back and they resurfaced last night. I found the starry night paper at a going-out-of-business LSS. I used Fiskars 2 sizes of star punches on the 2 yellows. I used a clear glaze pen on the stars and the package.


One of my Christmas cards for OWH. The Lustre Evergreen and the green with the holiday sentiments papers were on clearance at Joann's and I found the stickers on clearance at Tuesday Morning. Some of the cards have a little tree brads while a few has 2 tiny round head brads. (Of course, I ran out of trees.)


This vintage image and sentiment are from Create with TLC. I love this Santa. The papers are from the Christmas Combo stack by DCWV. This card are a gold ribbon bow on it but I used a burgundy ribbon bow on others. Brittani at Archivers got a big giggle from this card. My gf were not cropping with me last night. I had the whole table to myself but then I didn't have anyone to approve the protypes as I created the cards so the employees of Archivers had to give the seal of approval on the designs. Hopefully the gf will be back from vacation soon.


OWH had challenges during 4th of July weekend. One challenge was to use a photo to create a card. My gf goes to the beach every summer and takes lots of great photos. She had scrapped the photos she wanted and she was going to toss the extras. I asked her for them and made them into cards for her birthday in July. I made 12 notecards with different photos but the same saying. The shell above the saying is a Sticko. I put a piece of paper that looks like sand behind the photo and matted the photo and saying with Bazzill cocoa paper from Archivers. Hopefully, my gf will like the set of beach notecards. 
There were 3 photos I couldn't crop enough to fit on an A2 card.


Speaking of Archivers, here is the latest coupons. They are going from 30% to only 25% but it saves you a little bit.



I got my Cuttlebug out and embossed lots of paper for future cards and cut out a few words for other cards. I got some stamps (yeah, real stamps and ink) out to stamp some sayings to have on hand. I was busy most of the week working on cards but they are mostly still parts for future cards. Some of the card ideas has to "back burner" for a bit before I can make it. I did get to Joann/Michaels/Hobby Lobby this week and got more supplies like adhesives, stickers and a couple of new stamps. I had to go back to J's and M's today for a couple more things before the coupons expired. : )

I did manage to remember to mail 2 birthday cards to my little brother and sister today. Tomorrow I need to make a another birthday card and make a wedding card. I don't make many wedding cards but the hubby is requesting one for a coworker. Plus I need about 15 more Christmas cards for my OWH box for the  half Christmas/half general challenge. The box has about 250 cards in it but I must have used more pop dots than usual as the box seems fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment