Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Yeah, Table 7 was all back at Archivers

              It was so wonderful to have everyone back together at Table 7 at Easton's Archiver's. There are 6 of us who get together just about every Friday night at Archiver's and Table 7 is our table. Throughout the summer, it has been 2 or 3 of us at a time. One night I had the whole table to myself!! But everyone was back last night from the beach, or Mom's house, or wherever. Lots of chatting and catching up going on last night. We even moved Table 8 right next to Table 7 and the 6 of us spread out over 8 spots. We had salad for dinner then enjoyed dark chocolate caramels from Trader Joe's and tootsie rolls and fruit the rest of the night.

               I worked on Christmas cards for OWH box and got 3 designs done. I thought I was ready to mail the Christmas in July box to OWH this week but it was not 1/2 holiday and 1/2 general cards yet. I used some paper from an old DCWV stack that was for a snow scrapbook and some of the paper came from a Christmas stack.


I used a snowflake punch (Oriental Trading Co. on the box) I bought at the Flower Factory, that is in central Columbus area. I also used a Martha Stewart snowman punch. I saw the sentiment online and typed it on my computer using Christmas Card font. I mounted it on a piece of shiny copper paper from Hollo's Paper Craft (http://www.hollospapercraft.net) but my scanner definitely didn't like that paper. My paper trimmer didn't like the copper paper either as it was marking the copper paper as I cut in smaller rectangles. I flipped the paper over and cut on the white backing and the copper was fine. I couldn't see on the trimmer to mark the copper. It was almost like a score line on the copper paper if I cut with the copper side up.

Hollo's Paper Craft is the place I get my envelopes and some paper. They have a room filled with lots of colors and sizes of envelopes and paper. I can't go there very often as I bring home so much paper in all sizes. I get 3x5 pieces a lot and also business cards size paper for sentiments and images. They sell 12x12 and 8x11 paper in lots of colors and textures by the pound. They have a room of wedding invitations and other paper needs. However, it is a 2 hour trip up there so I don't go very often. 



Striped paper from Christmas stack, sentiment from free digi, gold ribbon, and red pearls. I printed the sentiment bigger than I wanted so it was the only thing to fit on the card.



I Cuttlebugged the white paper using a snowflake embossing folder, and then used a Sizzix die cut for the Joy. Paper from the Christmas stash. I used more of the copper paper too.


Here's one card I did a week or so ago but I hadn't put them on the card base yet. I Cuttlebugged the purple Dotted Swiss embossing folder, used a Martha Stewart border punch on the white paper and stamped the sentiment in purple chalk ink. The shiny green and purple design was a find at the clearance bin at Michael's. Of course, I could only find one set of the colorful designs.



Update on my scrapbook room. 
I got the walls painted twice. Hubby now thinks the ceiling needs painted. Hmmm. The debate is under review at the moment. But I need him to fix a shelf unit before I move stuff into the room and to get rid of another shelf unit (ugly gray metal). Plus I have move a table from the basement to the  room on the second floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment