Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hey, Cupcake

My sister was having a quilt retreat and they themed it
 as Cupcake Heaven. 
She had Googled for a card and found this one by the Pink Stamper. 
Since I have an Expression 2, she wanted me to make a card for the participants' morning treat. But she wanted the card to be in fall colors. So I got the E2 out and set to work. My sister needed about 45 cards but I was having so much fun cutting cupcakes out that I cut out 100 cupcakes. Then I had to put the cupcakes on the cards. I used a bunch of paper in the stash, mostly DCWV autumn stacks. The sentiment was in a clear stamp with several cupcakes and other sentiments. Another sentiment in the set was Sweet Birthday Wishes. I placed epoxy candy corn stickers by EK Success' Sticko on the top of the cupcakes. I think I got the stickers at Hobby Lobby.  I was finishing the cupcake cards at the Scrapbook Queen's Retreat and I ran out of the stickers. The lady next to me just happened to have the stickers too and let me use some!! 
Scrapbookers are very nice. I did give her a couple of cards.
Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) has an embossing folder of cupcakes
that I used on the background cardstock paper, 
which was 4" high and 3 1/2" wide. 
The participants of the retreat thought the cards were soooooo cute!! 
I put some of the Cupcake cards in the OWH box.

Thanks for stopping by.

SandyBear







No comments:

Post a Comment