Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Crafting at my sister's houes

 I spent a few days at my sister's for the Thanksgiving holidays. We went Black Friday Shopping, mostly Michael's on Thanksgiving and Jo-Ann's and Staples on Black Friday. Hubby went with us. He was helpful in getting stuff down from the top of the shelves for my sister.

I usually scrapbook at Table 7 on Fridays at Archiver's but this Black Friday, I crafted at the end of my sister's table. She moved some of her quilting so I had the end of the table for the cards. She has been making Christmas quilts and had lots of fabric scraps but not much scrapbook stuff.  It was a minimal stash of stuff - a cutter, scrapbook glue, and 8 1/2 x 11 1/2" paper.  She had a package of Michael's Christmas paper and I used about all of it to craft the cards. Each card has a bit of fabric on it as a bow, a stripe or an embellishments. I cut out a few Santa's too. I created about 45 cards for her upcoming quilting retreat. I had to stop by Jo-Ann's on Sat. AM to get the envelope/card bases and some glitter glue to finish the cards.

I made some other cards using her only stamp set of cats - they were Hero Arts - but I didn't take a photo of them. She did have an embossing gun and powder and so the cats are gold embossed. My oldest brother was busy doing a crossword puzzle at the table too and kept asking why I didn't use a hot glue gun on the cards. sigh.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments:

Post a Comment