Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Small Business Saturday

             

Another day of shopping. It is Small Business Saturday and I'm still at my sister's house. We went into town to Joann's for the Saturday's doorbusters, where I got one of the last 2 new Expression 2. Hubby not so thrilled about it but it was a good deal and I think I can sell my old Expression to help fund the new purchase. After Joann's, we traveled to Sister's favorite quilt fabric store and she purchased a new tool for her quiltmaking. A couple of friends were helping the shopkeeper and we chatted for a while. I love the quilt shop and I have made a few quilts and Sister has 3 quilts for me to do. But I'm really a scrapbooker and cardmaker. I can't afford another hobby now. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the town's only  LSS as it is across town near the mall which made it so hard to get to the LSS. I'll visit the 2 LSS in my area while hubby is busy this week with work. : )  I'm done shopping for my scrapbook projects so I need to get started on the family presents. I have lots of new paper and carts to make several projects. Plus I must finish my Christmas card idea and get the cards done.

My niece came for dinner and the rivalry game of the family today. She had a big box of scrapbook supplies she had purged from her stash that she wanted me to look at for goodies I might need. I took the pet stickers for the second graders' cardmaking and also took the wedding stuff for my friend's daughter's upcoming wedding album. Niece had lots of sheets of letters and a big baggy of chip board shapes and letters but I have lots of that myself. She was going to the rest of the scrapbooking supplies to a local girls' club for an afternoon meeting.


                 On another note, I WON!! I won a free stamp from Riley and Company http://www.rileyandcompanyonline.com/homeon their new winter set blog hop.
 I won at http://daiseyfreak.blogspot.com/. Joy had some really cute ideas and projects. 
I picked Riley and Percy dancing in the snow. 
Can't wait for the stamp to arrive!



Using Skype tonight for the first time talking to my son and my little sister. That was fun to use and easy. Now I need to add my brothers so I chat with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment