Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer's Almost Over - Boo-Hoo!!

It is the first week of August and I am back to school for registration for two days this week. The staff start on Mon. and the kids on Wed. The summer has flown by. On my FB, I did a couple of updates that I'll put in this blog too.

I traveled a lot this summer and that might be a bit of understatement. Between June and August this weekend, I will have traveled at least 7761 miles, give or take a few miles. This includes a trip to VT with a side trip to ME and a slightly different way home with an slight side trip to Niagara Falls; a trip to FL-a different way there and back; one trip to Purdue; at least 5 trips to Springfield, OH; 3 trips to home with side trips to my dad's; and lastly a trip with Hubby to Atlanta to see the older son. I Googled the destinations and added the miles from that so I'm sure I missed a few miles. I think I added all the trips. And I took a lot of pictures so I'll be busy all winter in my craftroom.

During the time I was home, I got 3 boxes mailed to OWH and that was just over 1000 cards!!! I did make cards for my stash but I don't know how many are in that stash!and I will be slowing down on the cardmaking for a bit with school starting so soon. I will have to make my own Christmas cards in Oct. or Nov. or so. I did have a card in the We R Memory Keepers' Operation We R Grateful but I didn't see it fast enough to rally the voting for the card. It was the card with the cute little girl sock monkey on it. But, hey, I was on the contest for a bit. Unfortunately, I have been out a bit so I have not done any more sketches, missing the last 3 new ones.

I also read 29 books for the public library's Adult Summer Reading Program. I even won a weekly prize. I still have a pile of books to read but that's another time.

After the weekend, you'll find me back in my craftroom.

Thanks for stopping by. Later next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment