Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday's Sketches

It is Monday and while I should be doing laundry, bills, and errands, it was a lot more fun to make cards!

Sketch #129


The Sketch of the week was an easy one for me. I made two versions of it.


Version One is a one of a kind card. I had pieces from scrapbook night in the crop bag. The sticker from Hobby Lobby fit quite nicely after I matted it. I free-hand some hearts out of another scrap. I turned the sketch around a bit.


Version Two is made from DCWV's spring fling/summer time stack, pink cardstock, and Making Memories' lace paper (from Ollie's). I generated the sentiment on the computer some time ago so I don't know what font I used. I added a few rhinestone flowers to the card for a bit of jazz. I made a few then I still had a few pieces left so I made a few more. I think I finally did about 30 cards for OWH and me.


Sketch #59



Arrrggghh, Mateys!  I made the pirate card below, using Sketch #59 above. I had to turn the design a bit to fit on the paper so that the words of the paper are readable. I added the brown strips with white dots, more of the strips I bought at the LSS going out of business. The owner had saved the price strip so I have a bunch of them. They work pretty good as ribbon. I got the ship from the free digi stamps site. I generated another sentiment from my computer, using Blackadder font. Archiver's had the pirate hats on sale. I wish I had bought more than one package. I made more cards than I have hats for so I will have to look in my brads for more pirate items.


Thanks for stopping by. Later. I guess I go complete my chores now.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy! Love all those bright colors in your first card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chores can always wait. Great cards. Especially like the DP in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Chores can definitely always wait. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards and I love the sentiments on both of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete