Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sketch #2 and #19

The heat is keeping me inside though my craft room is still a bit warm but I'm busy crafting. Fortunately, we have power as many around the Central Ohio area doesn't have power due to the storm that went through on Friday afternoon. Some areas are predicted to NOT get power back till after the 4th of July or later. Again, I feel lucky we do Have power. The City of Westerville worked really hard to get the power back on for us citizens.

Anyway, my time in my craft room produced the following 2 birthday cards.

Sketch #2




I used the star paper by Making Memories that I had found at Tuesday Morning a while back. The little guy was a Freebie at MelonHeadz. Love her freeebies! Here's her link if you haven't checked her website out. http://melonheadzillustrating.blogspot.com/  The little guy was going on another design but he just didn't fit on it. I used some ribbon from Hobby Lobby and since I used it down the side, I didn't want to use more ribbon as on the sketch so I added some star brads from the stash. I haven't put a sentiment on it with the ribbon printed with "Birthday Boy" as I kinda like it as it is but maybe it needs one. I didn't have any pink ribbon to make a girly version.



 Sketch #19



I did Sketch #19 as another birthday card. I have birthdays in July so birthday cards have been on my mind. These 2 designs might be a bit young for my personal birthday card needs but I think they will be great for my box to OWH. The black paper with the candles was a clearance item at Joann's and the sentiment stamp was from that set by Stampendous! that I bought at Tuesday Morning. I had to use this sentiment with the candles on the paper. I added a scallop cut rectangle and a party hat by K & Co. ( on sale at Meijer's), and a silver "Happy Birthday" from the stash.  I added a thin strip of black ribbon to cover the paper edge. I love the rectangle punch by Marvy and I found a smaller one by Dovecraft. I use them frequently, either together or separately.


Well, I'm back to crafting. Still have lots and lots of OWH sketches to do. It's my personal summer challenge to see how many sketches I can use before school starts again!

Thanks for dropping by. Stay cool.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment