Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

OWH VCMP 2013 Challenge #10

Challenge #10 was another harder one for me. I have just gotten to the point of adding bling to my scrapbook pages, thanks to bling-loving Table 7 friends. To put glitz and glam on a card was a bit harder. Sure, I have added gems and jeweled flowers to cards but the thought of making a truly glitzy and glam-y card kinda scared me.


Challenge 10: My challenge for you is: Glitz and Glam Without Glitter. Make a glamorous card that is glitter-safe for our heroes.   http://104cards.blogspot.com/2013/02/owhs-presidents-day-virtual-cardmaking.html

I started with DCWV Green Tea stack as it has shiny, foil papers that I loved. I used two foiled papers from the stack for my card to make my card - a floral and a striped paper. I used a Valentine stamp from Michael's dollar bins for the sentiment but the sentiment is more of an everyday theme than a Valentine one. I haven't added the Diamond Glaze to the hearts yet but that is the plan when I clean off my work table to have some room to lay the 12 cards. I added a bit of shiny gold ribbon across the bottom and some jewels across the top of the matted sentiment. Not quite as glitz and glam-y as it should be but I like its slightly under-glitzed style.





No comments:

Post a Comment