Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

OWH VCMP 2013 Challenge # 6

 Challenge #6 is things with wheels. I had 2 cute papers with trucks on it that I had originally thought I would use for this Challenge. Then I had got to Tuesday Morning and found a bunch of Graphic 45 paper. Tuesday Morning usually has packages of 25 sheets of paper for sale and it is not unusual to find Graphic 45 paper there. The 25 sheet-packages have gone up in price lately but still a good deal as the paper is about 16 cents/ sheet. I usually share the 25 sheets with Table 7 or make a lot of cards. The Graphic 45 paper is nice weight and double-sided, which is why I had to buy 5 packages of this paper line Le Cirque Collection. They had flowers for sale too and I can always use flowers, right??



To get back to the Challenge!!
Challenge 6:  "Things With Wheels".  My card (loosely based upon OWH Sketch 153)
 http://linda-creepinalong.blogspot.com/2013/02/owh-presidents-day-vcmp-things-with.html






My card used paper from 3 of the packages I purchased and I used both sides of 1 paper. The elephants on wheels has red striped on the back, the circus stamps has the green stars on the back which I used a bit of the stars as a border, and the print paper has circus ads on the back. I loved the stars and plan to use it again for a kid birthday card. If you notice in the Challenge on CreepinAlong's blog, she used a different sketch than I did. I used Sketch#72 from the OWH list, one I haven't used before. I used two strips of 2 circus stamps for the 2 strips in the sketch #72. I left enough of the black edging on the stamps so I didn't mat the strips before mounting them. Archiver's used EK Success 3 tickets punch for the prize drawings. I used the little punch above the ticket size to stamp the one word sentiment. Actually, I punched the tickets for the night and they let keep the little ones because you can't punch just the large ticket one by itself. I added a few Making Memories star brads (from Ollie's Bargain Store) on the stamps. I was proud of myself that I found my cool tool - a paper piercer- to make the holes for the brads. The great tool is the one that retracts so you don't poke yourself while you are looking for it.  : )  My friend Linnea gave it to me at Table 7 one day.



Thanks for stopping by. More later.

1 comment:

  1. Boy...you are lucky...great paper and a great tool! Love the circus theme! Thanks for playing in the Things with Wheels challenge!

    ReplyDelete