Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

OWH Virtual Card Making Party Challenge #1



I was visiting my sister when OWH had Virtual Card Making Party (VCMP) was going on so I didn't have a chance to make any cards that weekend. And it was crazy this week so I had to wait till Friday night at Table 7 to make the Challenge cards. I had a lofty goal of making 10 cards for each of the 10 challenges but I couldn't complete that goal. I did get 6 of the 10 Challenges done that night and 12 cards for each challenges to boot!

 I'm finally posting the cards today. My hubby had a birthday yesterday so we celebrated with dinner out. So no time for cardmaking yesterday.

 I copied a description of each Challenge to a word document for the evening at Table 7 and I'll add that description to each card Challenge's post.


Challenge 1: My challenge for you is to make cards using Zig Zag elements (or more properly known as Chevrons).  There's many ways to spice up your cards with chevrons  - Stamps, Scissors, Rulers, or even Paper.   http://scrappinintervention.blogspot.com/2013/02/zig-zag-your-cards.html

This first Challenge was using Chevrons, which I don't use a lot, so I wasn't sure what I would come up with. After wandering around Archiver's for a bit and looking at some of the new items from the latest CHA, I purchased one sheet of Doodlebug's Take Note Chevron paper and the little stickers too. 



The paper was double-sided so I used the strip left over from cutting my 6 bases to put the sticker on. I cut out cupcakes from some paper I purchased at Michael's. I added a few jewels. I used different stickers on the cards so a couple say "Thinking of you" and Heart You.

 Later in the evening, I won a prize at Archiver's and the prize was 5 sheets of paper, a package of jewels, a roll of washi tape and a pad of album insets of the new Doodlebug line Take Note!! So I was able to make 12 of the cards!

My Prize from Archiver's ScrapMania on Friday night!


Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be posting more of my Challenge cards soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment