Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

OWH VCMP 2013 Challenge #7 and Sketch #159

I actually have 2 coffee cards for this Challenge and I don't even like coffee!


Challenge 7: What better challenge for first thing in the morning then a caffeine challenge? So, find your stamps or dies related to coffee, tea, soda, or chocolate and get crafty! 
http://sparklewithin.blogspot.com/2013/02/owh-vcmp-caffeine-challenge_3834.html


My first card is one I had finished using sketch #159 and I had forgotten about it. The poor card never got its own post. : (  



I had embossed the brown cardstock with my Cuttlebug and then the pieces sat on my shelves for a bit. I thought they looked like coffee cup rings so I used it on this card. The little cup, beans, and sentiment are from a small stamp set but I don't remember the maker. The steam is actually a separate stamp too. I stamped the cup in the aqua-y blue and then ran the same color over the embossing. I probably should have used a darker brown but I liked the blue color on the cup. A bit of twine of blue and white at the bottom completes the sketch. I should have stamped the sentiment on another piece of paper and then mounted it so my card followed the sketch a bit closer. But the piece of paper I used for the cup and sentiment was precut paper and I didn't want to mess with it. 


My second coffee card is not from an OWH sketch but I just made it up while I was at Archiver's on Friday night with Table 7. I loved the shiny diamonds on the paper from DCWV Green Tea stack and I had the cup with the diamonds so I used a square and turned it for a diamond. I matted the cup on green and blue to compliment the DCVW paper. The green is that blingy, shiny paper but it is difficult to really see the foiled paper in the photo. The stamp set by TPC Studio was a bargain at Tuesday Morning from a shopping trip end of last year. I stamped the cup in lime ink and used a blue marker to color the diamonds on the cup. I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark's majestic blue and matted it on the green paper but on the plain side. I thought about adding some other embellishments but the paper has  shiny bits to it so I didn't add anything else to the card.

Thanks for stopping by. I have a few more Challenges from the OWH VCMP 2013 to post.


No comments:

Post a Comment