Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cards I completed on National Scrapbook Day


I purchased the Windmill from Stamper's Best to use on my travel pages from my trip to
 the Netherlands. That was a great trip! I had extra which have been sitting on my table for awhile.
 I used papers from DCWV Heirloom stack.



I was working an a bridal shower album and had pinks and greens left over. The teddy bears are a Martha Stewart punch and the sayings "If I've learned anything in my 29 years, it's lie about your age" and "Happy Birthday" are from Art Impressions Girlfriends "Out to Lunch" set. I love the Girlfriends. I have slowly been getting the sets when I have a coupon at Archiver's. I have colored the girlfriends using Copic markers or colored pencils. I usually color while I watch TV with the hubby. He doesn't like me hiding in my scrapbook room all the time.


I had some chipboard pieces and some journal blocks on my scrapbook table but I'm not sure
 where I got them. I used Queen and Co. twine on the card.


The art is from a make and take from Archiver's a while back.
 I had a scrap of ribbon and a flower that just seemed to go with this art so 
I was finally able to make a card with it.


I loved this bear from Whipper Snapper Designs. I used my Copic markers on the image. I think he looks good but when I color the rest of the images, I'm using a bit lighter colors on him. 
I ordered some new colors from Oozak, where I get my Copic markers, 
but I haven't decided which ones to use yet.. 
I used a bit of Queen and Co. twine for the balloon string. 
The paper is from DCWV Celebration stack.


I made this card for a teacher who is retiring at school. They had a luncheon for him the day before
 Cinco de Mayo so I made a quick card for him. 
This paper was from We R Memory Keepers Fiesta stack.
 I thought I was giving a teacher some paper from the stack but wound up giving her the whole stack. 
It was a steal at TJ Maxx at $7.99. The only one too. 


I made a bunch of this cards earlier in the week. The teddy bear stamp is from a set I purchased while I was in Russia. I'm sure they are in the USA but I hadn't seen them before. The only English on the package says Mr. Painter. I got 2 different sets of teddy bears but both were Mr. Painter's. I found them in a small shop that sold several different craft items. Most of the scrapbook items were from US. The items all fit in one glass counter-high display case with a bit on the wall behind the case. They displayed the scrapbook paper in plastic sleeves with a book ring on the collection and you pulled what you wanted out of the sleeve. I Knew that I would not be able to bring paper back in my suitcase so I just bought the 2 stamp set and a smaller stamp from Milton & Co. from UK. It is a little bear pushing a wheelbarrow filled with flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment