Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Card making on Fri. and Sat.

I did get to go to Archiver's Table 7 on Friday night but late. My dog had some surgery on Thurs. and I had to wait to pick him up from the vet. He looks rather silly with the Elizabeth collar but he needs it.

Anyway, I had a request from my hubby that he needed some sympathy cards for work. He has kept a few of them in his desk and that supply was gone. So, Friday night, I started a bunch and finished them today.

Purple plaid paper was on sale at Michael's as was the Martha Stewart stamp set. I stamped the flower box and cut it out then pop-dotted on the white rectangle. The stamp set had a bunch of tiny flowers, birds, leaves, and butterflies. I used the stamp with 3 teeny tiny flowers and made my own lilac flowers. I got the color shading by inking the stamp once but stamping the image twice. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I  had been carrying it to and from crop nights before I finally used it last night. 
This card was my favorite of the night.

The flowers are Hero Arts flowers I found at Archiver's last night. The banner is 2 pieces of scrap paper. The sentiment is from the same sympathy set by Hero Arts. The strips are a bit bold but somehow, I didn't have all the paper I needed the other night.

JilliBean double-sided paper and some scrap of burnt orange were used for this card. The flower is from the Hero Arts sympathy set and the tiny sentiment is from Inky Antics' Simple Sentiments set. I added a few gems.

This double-sized paper was from Archiver's but I don't remember the name of it. It has red and cream stripes on the other side, which I used too on another card. I used a bit of Queen & Co. washi tape and more of the Hero Arts flowers with some green pearls. The bits of green swirls are from the border punch I used on another card. The butterflies are from the Martha Stewart set.
The sentiment is from Inky Antics set.



I completed a stack of sympathy cards. I gave my hubby and my girlfriends a few each, and I'll take a few to school to have on hand. I don't like making sympathy cards so I make a bunch and just hang on to them.


 I made a few cards with scraps from Table 7's cropping. The girlfriends save the bits and strips for me throughout the evening and then I make a few cards for them, using the bits. Some strips are just big enough to stamp a sentiment  on while other pieces are big enough for a base. Thanks, girlfriends!!



No comments:

Post a Comment