Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Table 7 on April 5

I got a few cards completed on Friday at Table 7. It was busy at Archiver's so we only had our regular space. No spreading out that night. It was the first night in 2 weeks since I had been at Archiver's due to Spring Break.

I needed to make a couple of cards for my brother and my sister to thank them for the Spring Break Road Trip. Archiver's had the Delaware stickers I had looked for in A.C.Moore. I used pieces from a paper os Simple Stories for the front of the cards. At Archiver's, I bought a new stamp set by Momenta (http://www.momenta.com/Shop/Products/Stamps/Stamp-Sets/We-Go-Together-Mix---Match-Message-Wood-Stamp-Set.aspx) for the we go together. On the inside of the cards, it says perfectly everywhere. On the first card, I used the film strip border punch and added the little Delaware stickers instead of pictures. The other card has Simple Stories travel chipboard stickers.



My sister has a retreat for quilters coming up in May. I usually make a card for the participants. I made these cards for the retreat. I cut the pinwheels using a 3" square and folding the edges down. I punched the little heart to help keep the ends down in the center. I used a sentiment from a sympathy stamp set and set the sentiment on a bigger punched heart. I bought the green and white straws by Queen & Co. that night too and cut them in half for this card design. The straws were stiff to flatten the end under the pinwheel. I used Brazzil dotted Swiss paper for the cards.  I got about 32 cards made since I could get 16 3" squares out of one piece of double-sized paper by Simple Stories from the Hello Summer package. I gave a few cards to the girls of Table 7.


I won!! 
I won one of the drawings. 
I love Simple Stories papers!!
 I got a package of paper, a set of stickers, a set of  journal blocks, and a new black pen. What fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment