Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

National Craft Month - March 21 - Treat Thursday

Every Thursday  I take treats to the school where I work. I do this because I love to bake sweets and make food. But if I make treats at home, I eat them all and my hubby might eat one. So, I make something I enjoy and share the rest at school. I set the treats out at the staff lunchtime and whoever wants one can enjoy them. Usually it is cookies or cupcakes. Once a month, I make a chocolatey bark treat.


This bark is easy!! Start with a cookie sheet. Sprinkle nuts, chocolate chips, broken animal crackers, broken pretzels, raisins, marshmallows, sweet cereal, whatever you have on hand. Melt a big bag of melting chocolate like Wilton melting disks and spread over the goodies. Shake on some sprinkles and let it all cool. Then break into small pieces and store in an air-tight container. I used to measure the ingredients but now I just throw them on the cookie sheet. For this St. Patrick version, I spread chocolate first then I dropped some melted green disks and finally drizzled white melted disks over it all. The teachers and staff love this treat!! I had a bag of pretzel rods so I dipped the ends in the melted chocolate and drizzled green and white chocolate over it and added shamrock sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment