Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Riley stamp from the blog hop



I won this new release stamp from Riley & Co.
during the new release blog hop! 

Thanks to Joy and Tanya!!!!

And it came in the mail yesterday. 
And, of course, I had to stamp the new image! 
I plan to color most of the images in red, white, and blue colors
but a few images will be black and gold for the college colors.
I do have a small stamp that says "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" 
that I'll put on the image too.
I am trying to decide how to get the song's lyrics on the card too
 but the lyrics might be too big. 
Maybe, I'll use the musical note embossing folder with my Cuttlebug.

to see the newest Riley stamps.

Hopefully you'll check back here to my card 
in about a week or so when 
I get to use the new Parade image I have stamped already.

Here's the lyrics for the song "I Love a Parade"
It is a snappy, happy marching song.
 It was used in an old movie and some old cartoons and maybe a kid's show or two.

 I Love A Parade

I love a parade, the tramping of feet,

I love every beat I hear of a drum.
I love a parade, when I hear a band
I just want to stand and cheer as they come.
That rat-a tat-tat, the blare of a horn.
That rat-a tat-tat, a bright uniform;
The sight of a drill will give me a thrill,
I thrill at the skill of everything military.
I love a parade, a handful of vets,
A line of cadets or any brigade,
For I love a parade. 




Lastly, I wanted to share one of my photos I took at the Retreat recently. 
It is called the purple passion flower and grows as a vine. 
I just love the lacy look of it.
It might be a card someday too.


No comments:

Post a Comment