Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Making sketches from the OWH List

           Operation Write Home had a big blog hop on Memorial Day Weekend and all the entries used the OWH sketches. There are 120+ sketches on the OWH blog. Some of the participating blogs used the same sketches but all of the cards looked so differently. I generally just make my cards as I go and I haven't used many sketches. But my personal challenge for the summer break is to see how many sketches I can use to make a boxful of cards for OWH.

To see the OWH sketches, go here. http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/p/owh-sketch-collection.html

Now, here's my first cards, using the sketches.
 I used Sketch #1 first. I had this paper with the letters in my school collection .
A bit of orange ribbon from Joann's hid the seam of the 2 papers.
 I had a jar of orange Got Flowers and 
put little gold pearls on the flowers for a bit of bling. 
I love the freebie sentiment I picked up from Create with TLC



I had purchased a new teddy bear stamp from Stamper's Best 
(  https://www.stampersbest.com/  ) and had to use it. 
I punched the scalloped circles and then stamped the image (bear & flower). 
I used colored pencils on the image. The sentiment and tiny flower are from 2 word sets of
 The paper was in my paper stash. 
I cut the two design papers in 3 3/4" by 5" then cut them diagonally in half. 
When I put the two triangles on the card base,
 I could leave a bit of room between the triangles and it looks like a ribbon.


 Two sketches down. And 120 more to go.
Time to go pick another sketch or 2 from the OWH site. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment