Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sketches 20 and 101

I completed two more OWH sketches yesterday.  I  really like the card using #20, where I used a Lawn Fawn stamp and sentiment. The bike is pretty cute. I used markers to color the bike and added baker's twine for the streamers on the bike handles and little flowers and bling in the basket. I added a row of bling at the bottom of the image.





The second sketch I used was #101. My pennants were a bit small to me but this is the first time I have used pennants and they need a bit more swoop in the string. I printed these off the computer but I did purchase Marvy Uchida's pennant punch at Archiver's the other day. I think it is about 1 1/2" long and I used it to punch a lot of pennants out of scrap pieces. I used the sentiment  from one of the OWH stamp sets from Hero Arts. I love it. I added  a gold sticker too since it was still on my table from the gold and white Best Wishes cards I did.






Note to self:

I did try a different way to photograph my cards. I usually take my photos in the kitchen and lay the cards down. Today, I stood them  under a better light and the cards are not as yellow as some of my other photos.  I also purchased a light box and a pin frog from Joann's and I'll try those new tools too. Next, I need to find a free program to add a watermark to my pictures. I know I read a blog entry about photographing cards just recently but I can't find it again. Arrrggghhh! Don't you hate that when it happens to you - you know you read or saw a great article but can't find it again.

Later,


SandyBear76

No comments:

Post a Comment