Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

National Craft Month - March 10 - Sketch #163

Arrrgh, Maties! Tis Sunday and time for another Sketch!

I didn't totally follow Sketch #163 as I didn't use the little squares but I did put 3 little elements there. I had purchased a set of pirate stickers at Michael's last weekend for $1 and they have been sitting on my table to be put away. I had gotten a set of unicorns/flowers too but they will have to wait for another time/sketch. Then I saw this morning's Sketch #163 and thought they would work well for this.


The paper is DCWV from a boy's stack but I don't remember the name of it. I used most of a roll of the washi tape by My Mind's Eye 8 roll set from Archiver's. I inked the edges of the 2 pirate papers with brown ink. I cut the plain brown paper in the 4.5 x 2.25" rectangle and tore and inked the edges in black. I also crumpled the paper a bit and inked the folds. I matted it on paper I got at Tuesday Morning. It is called Uptown Gold and it is a metallic but you can't see it very well in the photo. The 2 word stamps are by Hero Arts Crafts' Pirate stamp set., which is a set of 18 tiny stamps (about 1" square). I could have used them but I had the colorful stickers and used them instead. I got about 24 cards done and could make a few more with the bits and pieces. The pirate stickers are almost gone and I have a lot of fish left. The little words probably should have been stamped and matted but I was done before I didn't like it as stamped. I didn't add any ribbon (shock) since the card is  for a kid/a guy. 


Wow, I have Sketch #163 done for the week already. Now what other trouble can I get myself into?  It is so spring-like here. I have my new windows open and the dog is enjoying woofing at everyone walking/biking/running by our house. Have a great Sunday!!

9 comments:

  1. Very creative! I bet a little boy will love this pirate card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...definitely a winner...love the treasure map look! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What a great card! Love the pirate theme and that crab just cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun-- and you got 24 cards done? That is amazing! I love seeing boy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute, fun card! And wow, you were really on a roll with so many cards. I love the colors and papers, and using washi tape in place of ribbon is a great idea. The stickers work well because you've got your three elements. I absolutely love the torn and inked paper you put the stickers on. It looks like an old piece of wood and putting it on an angle is a nice touch. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy,

    This is such a cute card that is sure to bring a smile to a young buccaneer. It was great to see your card linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will surely delight some little boy! Love the crinkle/dtp piece beneath your stickers. Great touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Thanks for all the comments!! I'm so excited that everyone liked the card. It was a very worthwhile Sunday afternoon. And a great sketch that I know I'll use again.

    ReplyDelete