Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

National Craft Month - March 4 - Another Rocket card

 I did this rocket card first but posting it second, having posted the kiddo's rocket card first in my last post.. Again I had to wait till the card was gifted before posting. I made the card, using two pieces of white 8.5x11" cardstock and stapling them together in the middle.

I used several different patterned papers of space-themed designs. The cloud papers were in a boy's-themed 8x8" paper pack. Additionally, the planet, shooting stars and boy in rocket in the last photo are from the paper pack too. I punched stars from blue bling paper and the yellow moon was cut using my Cricut. I inked the stars and the moon with shiny silver ink as well as some of the paper. The long rocket in the middle of the card is from K& Co., I think.

The retiree collects pop-up books so I decided to try my hand at making a very simple pop-up card. I made 2 strips of papers and glued one to the card. After a bit of trial and error, I fit another strip at the top of the card so when the card was closed, you see the strips. But when it opens, the rocket and stars dangle and move.

I used stickers from Bo Bunny and another space-themed sticker set.



Inside, I wrote:

As you set a new course to retirement at supersonic speeds,
We’ll continue the mission of helping the wiz kids and the scientific wonders here at school!

Best Wishes on your new journey.

From

The Captain and Crew of the Sizzlin’ Rockets at
 Elementary School

The retiree hadn't read the card before he left the building as he didn't want to cry. He did like the pop-up though.




No comments:

Post a Comment