Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

National Craft Month - March 12 - Sketches #75 and #154

Two more Sketches done!! #75 and #154. I had puzzled over both of these 2 sketches for a while. But I finally completed them.



Sketch #154


I had purchased a package of polka-dotted 8 1/2 x 11" paper from Michael's Recollections paper while it was on sale. Then I was not sure I would use it. I cut orange paper with embossing on it for the small matte under the squares and then cut the squares. I cut the orange dots as a scalloped circle. At first I had just the big scallop cut in the orange but all the dots weren't playing together well. So I matted the orange dots on a slightly larger white scallop and I was happier. I had a bit of dotted ribbon and, when I ran out of that, I used dotted washi tape. The stamped sentiments had been in the birthday pile for a while so I placed it on the bottom. I had the shiny Happy Birthday stickers too and placed it across the cupcake, which I fussy-cut from a paper from a stack from Hobby Lobby.


Sketch #75


I had the tiger paper leftover from an album of a trip to the zoo. It was double-sided so I flipped some of the strips over. The sentiment was one stamp and I cut it into strips to fit the sketch. I added the sheer wired ribbon. I tried a bow but it was too big. I just tied a knot. I inked the edges of the strips to distress.


No comments:

Post a Comment