Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

National Craft Month March 3 - Kid Rocket Card

 I created a card for a kiddo at school the other day and finally got all the signatures on it to give it away today so I can post it at last.

I used a piece of white 8.5 x 11 cardstock and folded it in half. I trimmed about 1/2" on one long and one short side. This way it fit inside the first piece without  the edges peeking out. I used my long armed stapler to staple the 2 pieces together.

I used lots of  BoBunny and other rocket stickers. I used a couple of the Graphic 45 double-sided papers from Tuesday Morning. I punched blue bling paper (Archiver's) stars, using a small Marvy punch and randomly added them on the card's front. I pop-dotted some of them and some are glued to the card. I added 4 navy mosaic squares to the front too.



I added a thin strip to the top of the middle card. I cut a second thin strip and folded it to make a square when the card is open. I'm not explaining it very well. I pierced holes in the hanging strip and in the little decorations. I used fishing line to string the decorations so they could hang on the strip.

The blue rectangle of  bling paper from Archiver's on the last page now has a little saying on it.

Our report from the Captain is;
The Crew misses You!

Your Mission is:
To feel better.

Please Report to:
School
as soon as possible.

The Captain and Crew will
keep you in their thoughts
Till your return.

From: 
Captain and the Crew 
of elementary school.

With 4 pages for signatures, the card filled up quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't have an envelope for the card so I slid the card in the clear packaging from the sticker set. The teacher showed the card to the class before they sent it to the kiddo.

Thanks for stopping by.








No comments:

Post a Comment