Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

National Craft Month - March 15 - New Punchs

New Punches!

Archivers on Friday night had a bunch of new EK Success punches and they are 40% off too. I could not resist these! Table 7 all bought at least one punch of different designs. I got the filmstrip punch, the balloon punch and the anchors one. There were a few new people at Archiver's ScrapMania. One of the new ladies at our table used the anchor punch. She punched it out and threaded twine through the little holes at the top. It was pretty cute on her baby page. I had punched the 12 x 12" edge of black paper with the filmstrip and cut a piece big enough for a picture to fit on it. I used a white pen to journal under the picture. I cut a piece of white paper to go behind the frames. You could journal there too. I saved the little rectangles for a future card. Another lady asked for a piece of the paper with the filmstrip as she was doing a page about her Girl Scouts earning a movie badge.


I used the balloon punch today to see what it looked like. It is very delicate and will definitely need to be run through the Xyron to adhere it to a page. I used the balloon bits for a card to make a flower. But the package the punch came in showed that you could pop-dot the balloons in place on the border to give some dimension.

I also punched the anchors out today too. I was afraid that the anchors would be very fragile but they punched wonderfully. No bits to save from this punch. I have a few projects in mind for this punch but none done yet.

The last punch in the photo is a Fiskars punch I found on clearance at Joann's. Little scissors! Not sure what I'll do with this one but it jumped in my cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment