Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

National Craft Month - March 2 - new washi tape dispenser, Dear Jane stack, and a book review

I usually go to Joann's and Michael's without my hubby as he gets bored there easily and he doesn't need to know exactly how much I spend in the craft stores. Imagine my surprise when today Hubby wanted to go to Michael's and did I want to go with him??? What!!! I had mentioned to Hubby that Michael's had little foam paint brushes 14 for $1. He has been redoing some woodwork and needed the small size. 

Of course, while he looked for the paint brushes, I found a few things at Michael's, papers on clearance, and a new dispenser for the washi tape explosion in my scrapbook room. I have the We R Memory Keepers dispenser but this is a stackable one. The one I purchased has 2 dispenser. I think they had packages with just one too. Fortunately, it was with the white storage cubes and matches the cubes' white finish. And the best part it was 40% off today on the last day of the sale. The paper labels covers the cutting edges. It has holes in the bottom and pegs in the dispenser so you could stack as many as you need. 


Hubby was still looking for jars so we went across the street to Joann's. He wondered around while I looked at the scrapbook aisles. I hadn't realize that almost all of the scrapbook items were 50% off. So I had to buy this new DCWV stack  Dear Jane. It is so pretty!! I loved the paper with the books and wish I could get more of it without buying the whole stack again. Half of the papers have foil on them. They have 2 or 3 designs that are in 2-3 different colors. Lots of pale pinks and pale greens and some that look like red work in embroidery. I think that the cards I make with these papers will have an elegant feel and will probably need lace/ruffly ribbon and doily paper too.






These papers remind me of a more recent book about Jane Austen. The Death of a Schoolgirl is written by Joanna Campbell Slan. The author has read a few reference books about scrapbooking, which deal with journaling and having your scrapbook tell a story. Then Slan started a mystery series about Kiki, who works/owns in a scrapbook store and solves mysteries too. Now the author has started another mystery series, using Jane Austen and her husband as the characters. Her books are good, the characters are fun, curious.  You can found the author's books on Amazon and her website. Here are some of her books. Hope you'll check a few of her books out.

Happy Dr. Seuss Day!!







No comments:

Post a Comment