Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

National Craft Month - March 18 - Love Art Impressions!

I LOOOOOOVE Art Impressions' stamps. I have a bunch of the Girlfriends set. The Girlfriends remind me of my friends at Table 7 - not looks but the love and friendship we have for each other. The Ai Girlfriends make me giggle as Table 7 does too. 

I purchased the Show the Love stamp set at Archiver's a few weeks ago. I had stamped and embossed a bunch of the images. I have been coloring them while Hubby flips around the TV channels, trying to find to find something to watch. (That drives me crazy! I get interested in a show, it goes to commercials, he flips to another show, and he forgets what show we were watching. Plus Hubby watches too much Pawn Stars, American Pickers, the trucks in ice, and such.) 

I colored the images with Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I like the brush ends but I'm hard on them. I left the Girlfriend in the paper white because I can't find a good skin color. If anyone has a favorite skin color, PLEASE let me know!! And I think that all markers are darker than the lid's color. I didn't use a sketch so I could fit all my pieces on the card. I used a piece of Graphic 45 paper - the black floral - and the pink patterned paper from the Dear Jane stack by DCWV and a dotted Swiss pink from Archiver's. I did most of the images' cards like this one but I made a few scrappy ones too. 
I matted the sentiments on scraps and added a few sticker hearts.

Show the Love stamp set -- Art Impressions (6101984)

I have more Girlfriends to stamp and color so I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment